THE CELL RENEWAL PROCESS
The skin naturally renews itself and regenerates every 28 days, However over that time and during certain periods of our lives, adolescence, pregnancy and menopause, this process is disturbed or slows down. This causes changes to occur on the skin: acne, shine, open pores, wrinkles, lacklustre appearance, age related dark spots etc.
THE CHEMICAL PEEL
The chemical peel is a procedure that consists of provoking accelerated skin regeneration in a controlled manner through application of chemo-exfoliation agents. The peeling action causes the elimination of the external layers of the skin, acting on different depths of the skin tissue.
OBJECTIVES OF SKIN PEELS
- purify and oxygenate the skin
- close open pores, improve the texture
- increase the thickness of the epidermis
- skin rejuvenation
- soften wrinkles
- unify skin tone and add luminosity
- correct imperfections
- lighten pigmented lesions
- reduce acne
- improve the appearance of scars
- acne scar treatment
Sensitive, dry, fine and/or dull skin types. Hydrates and boosts radiance.
A de-pigmenting peel for reducing all forms of pigmentation.
Greasy, acne prone skin types. Reduces pore size and evens skin tone. Not suitable for anyone with an allergy to aspirin.
Excellent for darks spots, irregular skin tone, loss of firmness, dilated pores and ageing. Also acne prone skins associated with menopause or hormonal origin.
For thick, greasy, skin types with excess sebum and/or mild to moderate pigmentation. Excellent for mens skins.
Excellent for moderate to severe ageing, deep wrinkles, irregular tone, skin flaccidity, hyperpigmentation, medium and deep acne scars. Stimulates collagen and elastin. A superficial skin peel is recommended prior to prepare the skin for this treatment.
- Do not depilate, colour, bleach or shave the area 48 hours before treatment.
- Limit sun exposure during the treatment cycle.
- Wait 7 days after having fillers or botox.
- Wait 30 days after having a tattoo.
- A minimum of 3 months after having treatments with fractional laser, CO2, erbuim laser etc.
- 6 months after finishing Roaccutane or Isotretinoin
- 6 months after surgery scars
- Do not perform dermabrasion or ultrasound peels.
- Avoid procedures that may disturb the dermis-epidermis (radiofrequency, diathermy etc)
Avoid the following -
- Swimming pool, sauna, exposure to natural or artificial light and sources of direct heat (hairdryers , ovens etc) for up to 48 hours post treatment.
- Any products containing Retinol
- Hair removal with wax, electricity or laser for up to 15 days